Saturday 5 May 2012

square one

Evening Peas!
Well its one step forward and 2 steps back, After my TS visit I was high as a kite and so excited, but was quickly brought back down to earth when I was told that actually, Oekotex- 100(certificate of no nasties) fabric doesn't comply to EN71(rules for children's toys) and thus, square one I was at once again!
Which bought me to the conclusion of... well not much really and I'm living in limbo. I've thankfully at least made a good few friends in this process, and a fellow Waldorf doll maker who is helping me on the journey as well!
It now all depends on fabric, and it might be the case that I will slowly get fabric tested 3 colours at a time, (probably starting with white, pink and blue... which goes against all my gender stereotypes rules but..well never mind! it makes life easier!) and we have found (hopefully) a skin fabric which complies which helps a lot!
I'm so excited to be able to make toys, little ideas keep popping into my head and I just want to get going, waiting is frustrating, as much as I love the decorations I know I can do more! I get so excited at the thought of little pocket buddies for small people and this pea pod completely inspired me for one of them.

Also this last week saw the arrival of dissolving fabric, which is something I learnt about at uni (the short time I served there ;)) and the decorations now have pretty wings made with machine lace.. which is fun.

Suppose I better get back to head making :0)
goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment